Sunday, November 13, 2011

Moments & memories: Who said I can't miss a person that I hate?

This is a post I read on a friends blog.. I found it worth sharing.. read on to find out..:)
Moments & memories: Who said I can't miss a person that I hate?:
I was with my sister talking about my physics teacher. Well, not much of talking, but more like cursing. Cursing his accent. Cursing his stupid jokes. And cursing his so called "group projects". It was a spring Saturday, 4 in the evening and
I was 14. My sister and I went to the same school and we had to go through the same ordeal. Only, she had a head-start. I used to play a lot of video-games back then and I had a big urge to know what was going to happen next, so that I could complete the game in less time.So I used to ask my friends who've already played it. And whenever I felt like knowing what's going to happen with my school, I used to hang out with my sister. That day I was feeling weird, like deja vu. But I get that a lot, due to the video-games. So I didn't care. 

    Our physics teacher was a firm believer of corporal punishment. Was he strict? No. Was he jerk? Yes. Was he a psychopath? May be. He had this bamboo cane wrapped in cello tape, which he carried with him all the time. It, as if by magic, used to look so different every other day. We had his class thrice a week and each class was like standing in the death row. It was a spring Saturday and that summer my sister was going to complete her tenth. I was so jealous of her. She gets to leave school one year earlier than I. She gave me knock on the head and said "I entered first". I would never have thought that that summer, I was going to do that too. If I had, I wouldn't have written this blog.

    I completed the annuals with ease. Teachers liked me as much as I liked them. First week of vacation went without event. Dad brought home the admission form for some nerd factory school. His weapon was "You promised me kid". I remembered then, that an year ago, when I was 13, I had a similar meeting with my sister. And we joked about the physics teacher. We enacted him and wove ugly stories around already existing rumors. Stories like,how his wife beats him; so helpless he, beats us to vent his anger. That day my father overheard us; and decided that I should change schools. That's not the only reason, but I'll get back to that later. So he asked me later that night and I, thinking about our physics teacher, promised. "Shit! why didn't I think of my friends at that time?", this thought was killing me.

    During the following week, I met all 44 of my classmates including my 3 best friends. Last Sunday of April was the day when they showed the results of our annuals. I go with my dad to meet our class teacher Ms.Priya(biology), whom I liked very much. Then I decided to meet all the teachers. I went to the staff room later that evening. They had separate rooms for ladies and gents. Ms.Jakie, my Kinder Garten teacher; Ms.Pokisha, kind of my godmother, taught us at least one subject every year for 8 years;Ms Bhageshwari, kind Hindi teacher;Ms.Vijaya, flirting telugu teacher; I felt so sad. I was going to miss them so much.

    Then I went to the gents staff room to see Anjaneyulu sir(maths), so friendly if you are in his good book; you don't want to be in his bad one. There he was sitting and chatting with Vijay Bhaskar, my good physics sir. Most surprisingly, he was talking like a human. He cracked a joke that even Anjaneyulu found funny. Believe me, that usually never happens. When I told them that I was going to leave the school, Anjaneyulu started all "Why?","Wasn't this school good enough for you?" questions. "All the best", came from Bhaskar.
"Make me proud". I never had that feeling before. Not when I met my friends to tell them I may not meet them again. Not when I saw my favorite teacher gave an approving smile while giving my report card. Not when the other, closer teachers pinching my cheek saying "Seems like it was yesterday. You were just 4. How could you grow up so fast?". I felt like everything was taken away from me. My eyes became all wet. I was going to miss all my teachers and friends. But I was going to miss Bhaskar the most. Did I lose my hatred towards him? Nope. He's the reason I'm leaving St. Alphonsus. Who said I can't miss a person that I hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.. :) please leave a comment....